||Up to two Intel Xeon Gen 2 Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum processors:
- Up to 22 cores (1.9 GHz core speeds)
- Up to 3.8 GHz core speeds (4 cores)
- Two UPI links up to 10.4 GT/s each
- Up to 30.25 MB cache
- Up to 2933 MHz memory speed
||Up to 12 DIMM sockets (6 DIMMs per processor; six memory channels per processor with one DIMM per channel) with support for the following TruDDR4 RDIMM types and capacities:
- 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB 2933 MHz.
- 16 GB and 32 GB 2666 MHz.
||Error correction code (ECC), SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs, requires Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, memory rank sparing, patrol scrubbing, and demand scrubbing.
||Up to 768 GB with 12x 64 GB RDIMMs (Up to 384 GB per processor).
- 4 LFF SATA Simple Swap drive bays
- 4 LFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- 8 SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
||3.5-inch non-hot-swap drives:
3.5-inch hot-swap drives:
- 6 Gbps NL SATA HDDs up to 10 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSDs up to 480 GB (2.5" SSD in a 3.5" tray)
2.5-inch hot-swap drives:
- 12 Gbps SAS HDDs up to 900 GB (2.5" HDD in a 3.5" tray)
- 12 Gbps NL SAS HDDs up to 14 TB
- 12 Gbps NL SAS HDD SEDs up to 4 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS SSDs up to 7.68 TB
- 6 Gbps NL SATA HDDs up to 14 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSDs up to 7.68 TB (2.5" SSD in a 3.5" tray)
Internal M.2 SSDs:
Intermix of SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs is supported within a system, but not within a RAID array.
- 12 Gbps SAS HDDs up to 2.4 TB
- 12 Gbps Nearline (NL) SAS HDDs up to 2 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS HDD SEDs up to 600 GB
- 12 Gbps SAS SSDs up to 7.68 TB
- 6 Gbps NL SATA HDDs up to 2 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSDs up to 7.68 TB
|Internal storage capacity
- 3.5-inch models: Up to 56 TB with 4x 14 TB 3.5" SAS/SATA HDDs
- 2.5-inch models: Up to 61.4 TB with 8x 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS/SATA SSDs
||6 Gbps SATA
12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA RAID
- Non-RAID: Onboard SATA AHCI
- RAID 0/1/10/5: Onboard SATA RAID (Intel RSTe)
12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA non-RAID: 430-8i HBA
- RAID 0/1/10/5/50:
- RAID 530-8i
- RAID 730-8i 1GB Cache
- RAID 0/1/10/5/50/6/60:
- RAID 730-8i 2GB Flash
- RAID 930-8i 2GB Flash
- RAID 930-16i 4GB or 8GB Flash
|Optical drive bays
||None. Support for an external USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive (See Optical drives).
- 2x Integrated 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- Onboard LOM slot for up to two additional 1/10 Gb Ethernet ports:
- 2x 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- 2x 10 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- 2x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors.
- 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.
|I/O expansion slots
||Up to three slots depending on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
PCIe x16 slot 3 requires the second processor to be installed.
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 or ML2 x8; low profile or full-height, half-length
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or x16; low profile
- Front: 1x USB 2.0 port with XClarity Controller access and 1x USB 3.0 port; optional 1x VGA port.
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0 ports and 1x VGA port; optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
||Four (one processor) or six (two processors) non-hot-swap system fans with N+1 redundancy.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W or 750 W (100 - 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum or 750 W (200 - 240 V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. HVDC support (PRC only).
||Matrox G200 with 16 MB memory integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920x1200 at 60 Hz with 32 bits per pixel.
||Drives (select models) and power supplies.
||XClarity Controller (XCC) Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise (Pilot 4 chip), proactive platform alerts, XClarity Provisioning Manager, XClarity Essentials, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, XClarity Energy Manager, Capacity Planner.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, secure firmware updates, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel. Optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC). Optional Lenovo Business Vantage security software (available only in PRC).
||Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 and 15; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 6.5 and 6.7.
||One-year (7X07) or three-year (7X08) customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair, warranty extension up to 5 years, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, YourDrive Your Data, Enterprise Software Support, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 715 mm (28.1 in)
||Minimum configuration: 10.2 kg (22.5 lb), maximum: 16 kg (35.3 lb)